Now accepting applications for the 2022 season
The Cortland Rural Cemetery is now accepting applications for the position listed below, for our current season. If interested, please download, print, complete, and submit our employment application (INCLUDING REFERENCES) by mail or at the cemetery office on weekdays, between 8-noon. No phone calls, please. The Cortland Rural Cemetery is an equal opportunity employer.
SEASONAL GROUNDS-CREW MEMBERS
The CRC's seasonal ground crew members' primary duties are mowing and trimming the cemetery grounds, with other manual and machine-oriented maintenance duties required as assigned. Our staff members are expected to report for work on time; dress appropriately for the job (safety gear will be supplied); and meet the CRC's standards for integrity, courteousness, and professionalism in dealings with fellow workers, board members, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with the proper/safe use ~ and maintenance ~ of large and small mowers, trimmers, and other assorted equipment and hand-tools is required.
- Previous experience in landscaping, outdoor construction, or other trade skills (roadwork, carpentry, physical-plant maintenance, etc.) will be viewed as a plus.
- Because this position requires occasional moderate to heavy lifting ~ as well as constant exposure to all kinds of outdoor weather conditions ~ excellent physical condition and "can do" attitude are beneficial.
- Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate a proven ability to stay on task; meet priorities and deadlines; take direction; follow procedures; do quality work; and work within a team environment ~ while also being self-motivated when individual projects have been assigned.
- Positive references from previous employers are mandatory.
CRC ground crew team members earn minimum wage (occasionally more, based on experience) and are hired/engaged according to a schedule that may vary throughout from week-to-week throughout the growing season. No healthcare benefits or paid time off are included, though unpaid time-off is granted for any Federal holidays that may be applicable.